Virtual Open Labs
In order to ensure that the Distance Learning and Instructional Technology (DLIT) staff can continue to support instructors in the transition to remote delivery, our staff will offer Virtual Open Labs via Zoom.
To assist you in accessing our Virtual Open Labs during this time, please see the information below:
- Check our Workshops and Events page for scheduled Virtual Open Lab times. During Virtual Open Lab times, you can reserve a time slot to get synchronous assistance with Canvas tools, Panopto, Zoom, Respondus, and other instructional technology resources from DLIT staff. These are regularly offered throughout the spring and fall semesters.
- If you cannot book an appointment at a convenient time for you, you can Ask a question by email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will provide assistance over email for Canvas tools, Panopto, Zoom, Respondus, and other instructional technology resources.
How Virtual Open Labs work?
- All appointments require a 24-HOUR NOTICE to allow time to process your request, assign a staff member, and send you a confirmation email.
- All appointments are created in 1-HOUR blocks. If your appointment does not require the full hour, we will just meet for the amount of time needed.
- Once you submit an appointment, a notification will be sent to DLIT. DLIT will process your request and email you a confirmation calendar invite. The calendar invite will include a Zoom meeting link. Please ACCEPT the calendar invite to lock in your appointment. When it is time for your appointment, simply clink the Zoom link in your calendar event to connect with the DLIT staff member.